You typically use data science or machine learning to answer five types of questions:
- How much or how many? (regression)
- Which category? (classification)
- Which group? (clustering)
- Is this weird? (anomaly detection)
- Which option should be taken? (recommendation)
Determine which of these questions you’re asking and how answering it achieves your business goals.
If you want to automate data retrieval and/or store data in a structural way, then we talk about data engineering with its own set of solutions.